Leadership north carolina class XXIV (2016 – 2017)
The Class XXIV program year was launched in October 2016. Candidates interested in a future LNC class may complete this interest form to receive program information and announcements regarding applications for Class XXV (2017 – 2018).
Class XXIV Session Dates and locations
Orientation: Boone, October 4-6, 2016
Government: Raleigh, November 1-3, 2016
Education: Winston-Salem, December 6-8, 2016
Health and Human Services: Charlotte, February 7-9, 2017
Economic Development: New Bern, March 7-9, 2017
Environment: Asheville, April 4-6, 2017
Planning Meeting/Graduation: Raleigh, May 11, 2017
Class Xxiv general information
CLASS XXIV SESSION SCHEDULE
- Tuesday, October 4, 2:00 pm, through Thursday, October 6, at 12:15 pm.
- An optional lunch is offered at 12:15 pm on Thursday.
- Attendance at the full Orientation session is mandatory. Failure to attend all of Orientation requires withdrawal from the program with no refund.
Monthly Sessions (November, December, February, March, and April)
- Tuesday tour or activity 2:00 – 4:00 pm (optional)*
- Tuesday reception 5:30 – 7:00 pm (optional)
- Wednesday morning, lunch, and afternoon segments and class dinner
- Thursday morning, lunch, and afternoon segments, adjourning around 4 pm
*February’s optional activity will start at 1:30 pm in Aurora and there will also be an optional tour of Tryon Palace in New Bern prior to the reception, which will start at 6 pm for that session only. April’s session will include an optional tour of the Facebook data center in Forest City at 10 am prior to the 2 pm optional activity at the Biltmore Estate.
All Wednesday and Thursday elements are mandatory. LNC attendance policy allows participants to miss a limited number of segments. See program protocols for more details.
Planning Meeting and Graduation and Awards Ceremony, Raleigh
- The required planning committee meeting runs 8:00 am – 2:30 pm on Thursday, May 11, 2017.
- The graduation and awards ceremony begins that afternoon at 4:00, with a reception immediately following.
PLANNING COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION FOR 2017 – 2018
Participation in Leadership North Carolina is a two-year commitment. The schedule for the first year is outlined above. Following graduation, each participant is required to serve on a planning committee for one of the five program sessions or play another role in preparing the program for the following class. There is one in-person meeting held the day of graduation (May 11, 2017). The remainder of the planning, research, and outreach to presenters is done by conference call (approximately one call per month) and email. Planning committee members are expected to attend the session they help plan.
Please contact LNC program director Kelly Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.