LNC sessions are held in locations across North Carolina from October through May. After graduating, participants help plan content for the following program year.
Class XXVIII (2020-2021) — Next Class
Orientation: Boone, October 6-8, 2020*
Government: Raleigh, November 4-6, 2020 (Wed. – Fri.)
Education: Greensboro, December 1-3, 2020
Health and Human Services: Charlotte, February 2-4, 2021
Economic Development: Morehead City, March 2-4, 2021
Environment: Asheville, April 13-15, 2021
Planning Meeting/Graduation: Raleigh, May 12-13, 2021
*Attendance at the full Orientation session is mandatory. Missing any element of Orientation requires withdrawal with no refund.
Class XXIX (2021-2022)
Schedule to come
General Session Structure for Year 1
- Tuesday at 1:30 pm through Thursday at 12:30 pm
- Optional lunch on Thursday at 12:30 pm
Attendance at the full Orientation session is mandatory. Failure to attend all of Orientation requires withdrawal from the program with no refund.
Monthly Sessions (November, December, February, March, and April)
- Tuesday tour or activity 2:00 – 4:00 pm (optional). Start and end times may vary slightly.
- Tuesday reception 5:30 – 7:00 pm (optional)
- Wednesday morning and afternoon programming and class dinner*
- Thursday morning and afternoon programming, adjourning around 3 pm*
*All Wednesday and Thursday elements are required. The LNC attendance policy allows participants to miss a limited number of segments throughout the program year.
Planning Meeting and Graduation Ceremony (May)
- Reflections Session: 2:00 – 5:00 pm the afternoon before graduation
- Required Planning Meeting: 8:00 am – 2:30 pm.
- Graduation Ceremony: 4:00 – 5:30, reception immediately following.
Planning Committee Participation for Year 2
Participation in Leadership North Carolina is a two-year commitment. The schedule for the first year is outlined above. Following graduation, each participant is required to serve on a planning committee for one of the five program sessions or play another role in preparing the program for the following class. There is one in-person meeting held the day of graduation. The remainder of the planning, research, and outreach to presenters is done by conference call (approximately one call per month) and email. Planning committee members are expected to attend the session they help plan.