The upcoming 2020 election is shaping up to be the most contentious and divisive in recent memory. How can we, as leaders, have an impact and model the type of civic conversations we want to see, addressing North Carolina’s most pressing challenges and opportunities? Last summer, Leadership North Carolina facilitated our inaugural LNC Alumni Tour, featuring Appalachian State University’s Dr. Karl Campbell’s presentation entitled, “A Historian’s Perspective on Civil Discourse and Civic Responsibility. This summer, we are partnering with our friends at the Institute for Emerging Issues to facilitate how to have effective civic conversations, including local community leaders modeling this process, and inviting LNC alumni and friends to take this experience and make it a part of their everyday conversations.
“Essentials for 2020 and Beyond – Civic Conversations, Three Cups of Coffee, and reCONNECT NC”
Monday, August 12
- Boone – Breakfast Presentation – 8:30 – 10:30 am – Inn at Crestwood
- Asheville – Dinner Presentation – 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Century Room on the Park
Tuesday, August 13
- Charlotte – Breakfast Presentation – 8:30 – 10:30 am – The Employers Association
- Winston-Salem – Dinner Presentation – 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Footnote
Wednesday, August 14
- Raleigh – Lunch Presentation – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Gravy (The Jiddi Space)
- Pembroke – Dinner Presentation – 5:30 – 7:30 pm – UNCP Entrepreneurship Incubator
Thursday, August 15
- Wilmington – Lunch Presentation – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Cape Fear Community College
- New Bern – Dinner Presentation – 5:30 – 7:30 pm – The Chelsea
Friday, August 16
- Rocky Mount – Lunch Presentation – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Rocky Mount Mills
Maggie Woods, Policy and Program Manager, IEI
Lead Event Sponsor:
The Goodnight Education Foundation
Host Event Sponsors:
Delta Dental of North Carolina
Piedmont Natural Gas
United Community Bank
Is the event open to the public?
Yes – this event is for LNC alumni and friends of LNC.
Do I need to bring my ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring your ticket to enter the event. There will be a registration table outside the meeting space for check-in.