About this event
- Date: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Locations: Asheville, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Elizabeth City
Leadership and volunteering go hand in hand. We want to create space for leaders across NC to come together on the same day, in all regions of the state, to serve alongside each other. LNC’s focus on food insecurity through the Core Program, the pandemic, and economic recession have all highlighted the vulnerability of our fellow North Carolinians. It is timely for us to host alumni and friends of LNC as we serve those in need due to food insecurity.
- Registration fee: $25
- Your registration fee includes a commemorative LNC baseball cap and once all event costs are covered, the remaining registration balance will be donated to Feeding the Carolinas
- Registration ends the week of October 10th
- If you cannot join in-person but want to contribute, select the contribution ticket option
What to Expect
- Time to volunteer alongside and network with LNC friends – all are welcome to join
- Each opportunity will vary as the needs of the Food Banks change daily. Tasks will include a variety of volunteering needs such as sorting and inspecting food, organizing donations, building food and/or hygiene packs, etc.
- Each Food Bank is working hard to keep all volunteers safe – please review their COVID-19 protocols under the FAQ section within our Eventbrite page
Serving Avery, Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Swain, Transylvania, and Yancey Counties
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
Serving Anson, Burke, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Rowan, Rutherford, Stanly, and Union Counties
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
Serving Alamance, Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Caldwell, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Iredell, Randolph, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry, Watauga, Wilkes, and Yadkin Counties
Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
Serving Brunswick, Carteret, Chatham, Columbus, Craven, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Greene, Halifax, Harnett, Johnson, Jones, Lee, Lenoir, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Onslow, Orange, Pamlico, Pender, Pitt, Richmond, Sampson, Scotland, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wayne, and Wilson Counties
Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast NC
Serving Bladen, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Robeson, and Sampson Counties
Serving Beaufort, Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, Martin, Northampton, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties
Is the event open to the public?
Yes – this event is for LNC alumni and friends of LNC.
What COVID-19 protocols will be in place during the event?
Please review the below links for current volunteer protocols in place at each Food Bank:
- MANNA Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast NC
- Food Bank of the Albemarle
I cannot join the event but I want to contribute. How do I contribute?
You can click on our registration link and select the ticket “I Cannot Join In-Person But Want To Contribute.” There, you will be able to make a contribution.
Do I need to bring my ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring your ticket to enter the event.