About this event
- Date: Friday, October 22, 2021
- Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Locations: Asheville, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Elizabeth City
Leadership and volunteering go hand in hand. Our 25th Anniversary Committee has created the opportunity for leaders across NC to come together on the same day, in all regions of the state, to serve alongside each other. LNC’s focus on food insecurity through the Core Program, the pandemic, and economic recession have all highlighted the vulnerability of our fellow North Carolinians. It is timely for us to host alumni and friends of LNC as we serve those in need due to food insecurity.
- Registration fee: $25 for 25 years
- Your registration fee includes a commemorative LNC baseball cap, a donation to be made to Feeding the Carolinas, and will help support this and other upcoming alumni events
What to Expect
- Time to volunteer alongside and network with LNC friends
- Each opportunity will vary as the needs of the Food Banks change daily. Tasks will include a variety of volunteering needs such as sorting and inspecting food, organizing donations, building food and/or hygiene packs, etc.
- Each Food Bank is working hard to keep all volunteers safe – please review their COVID-19 protocols under the FAQ section within our Eventbrite page
Serving Avery, Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Swain, Transylvania, and Yancey Counties
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
Serving Anson, Burke, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Rowan, Rutherford, Stanly, and Union Counties
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
Serving Alamance, Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Caldwell, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Iredell, Randolph, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry, Watauga, Wilkes, and Yadkin Counties
Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
Serving Brunswick, Carteret, Chatham, Columbus, Craven, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Greene, Halifax, Harnett, Johnson, Jones, Lee, Lenoir, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Onslow, Orange, Pamlico, Pender, Pitt, Richmond, Sampson, Scotland, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wayne, and Wilson Counties
Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast NC
Serving Bladen, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Robeson, and Sampson Counties
Serving Beaufort, Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, Martin, Northampton, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties
Is the event open to the public?
Yes – this event is for LNC alumni and friends of LNC.
What COVID-19 protocols will be in place during the event?
Please review the below links for current protocols in place at each Food Bank:
- MANNA Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast NC
- Food Bank of the Albemarle
Do I need to bring my ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring your ticket to enter the event.