apply to Leadership north carolina
We will begin accepting applications for LNC Class XXV (2017 – 2018) on May 17, 2017. Please use the link below to complete our Class XXV Interest Form to receive information about our next program year and the application process.
Use the following link to complete the interest form for Class XXV
General Program Information
Class XXV Program Brochure
Class XXV Application Summary
Blank Application from Class XXIV
LNC Alumni Rosters
Class XXV Candidate Suggestion Form For alumni and current participants to share suggestions for prospective candidates
Dates and Locations for Class XXV (2017-18)
October 3-5, 2017: Orientation Session, Boone
November 7-9, 2017: Government Session, Raleigh
December 5-7, 2017: Education Session, Greensboro
January: No Class XXV Program Session
February 6-8, 2018: Health and Human Services Session, Charlotte
March 6-8, 2018: Economic Development Session, Pembroke
April 3-5, 2018: Environment Session, Asheville
May 10, 2018: Planning Meeting and Graduation, Raleigh
Session Schedule for Class XXV (2017-2018)
- Tuesday, October 3, 1:30 pm, through Thursday, October 5, at 12:15 pm.
- An optional lunch is offered at 12:15 pm on Thursday.
- Attendance at the full Orientation session is mandatory. Failure to attend all of Orientation requires withdrawal from the program with no refund.
Monthly Sessions (November, December, February, March, and April)
- Tuesday tour or activity 2:00 – 4:00 pm (optional)
- Tuesday reception 5:30 – 7:00 pm (optional)
- Wednesday morning, lunch, and afternoon segments and class dinner*
- Thursday morning, lunch, and afternoon segments, adjourning around 3 pm*
*All Wednesday and Thursday elements are required. The LNC attendance policy allows participants to miss a limited number of segments throughout the program year. See program protocols for more details.
Planning Meeting and Graduation and Awards Ceremony, Raleigh
- The required planning committee meeting runs 8:00 am – 2:30 pm on Thursday, May 10, 2018.
- The graduation and awards ceremony begins that afternoon at 4:00, with a reception immediately following.
Planning Committee Participation for 2018 – 2019
Participation in Leadership North Carolina is a two-year commitment. The schedule for the first year is outlined above. Following graduation, each participant is required to serve on a planning committee for one of the five program sessions or play another role in preparing the program for the following class. There is one in-person meeting held the day of graduation (May 10, 2018). The remainder of the planning, research, and outreach to presenters is done by conference call (approximately one call per month) and email. Planning committee members are expected to attend the session they help plan.
Please contact LNC program director Kelly Turner at email@example.com with any questions.